Off Road Bikes in India
Trending SearchesView All
₹ 1.3 Lakh
₹ 25.91 Lakh
₹ 1.18 - 1.22 Lakh
₹ 1.41 Lakh
₹ 5.21 Lakh
₹ 4.88 Lakh
₹ 3.12 Lakh
₹ 83,400 - 91,300
₹ 2.33 Lakh
₹ 2.29 - 2.69 Lakh
About Off Road Bikes in India
Riding off-road is as thrilling and dangerous as riding on the streets. You may have to worry about vehicles & hazards on the road. However, you have to consider the environmental factors before you take the off-road bike out. The basic gear that each dirt bike rider must wear is a helmet, gloves, a pair of goggles, jersey & pants, and, most importantly, boots. These items keep you safe and secure in the case of crashes or other mishaps that might occur while riding off-road.
These motorcycles are usually equipped with an 18-inch rear wheel, a kickstand, a softer suspension, and a massive fuel tank. They have various transmissions, off-road-specified tyres, skid plates, and, most importantly, handguards in the stock form. Their counterparts are the motocross bikes that feature stiffer suspension and a regular gas tank to cut down on their weight.
Dirt bikes or off-road motorcycles have garnered prominence in the US. But in recent times, the popularity of off-road bikes has emerged in the Indian markets too.
Selecting the Best Off-Road Bike in India
Dirt bikes are unique beasts when compared to street bikes. You will be surprised by the difference a dirt bike has from a cruiser. If you have ever experienced riding dirt bikes, you already know how enthralling the journey becomes. But as a newbie, you might be wondering how to buy a dirt bike from the market. Read on to learn further on this front.
Types of Dirt Bike (Off-Road)
Ensure which type of dirt bike you would want to purchase after checking the following information:
- A trail bike
It’s the most common type of off-road bike. For adults, they may range between 125cc up and 650cc. They include both two and four strokes. Their engines have been designed to deliver a smooth riding experience – kudos to their power! Their seat height is generally some inches lower than the bike. The lower seat ensures a better riding experience.
- Motocross Bike
These motorcycles are as popular as the trial bikes. They are seen on the top tier type of off-road bike due to the fact that they have the sturdiest engines & highest technology in suspension.
- Enduro Bike
This type is a trail bike’s race version. It’s great for racing in enduros & hare scramble type events. Honestly speaking, the enduro bike will cost you more than the trail bike. However, you will get a lot of technologies that usually motorcyclists prefer. A couple of enduro bikes use the same engine as the motocross bike version for a beginning point.
- Trials Dirt Bike
The trial bike is somewhat different from the prior one (as mentioned above). The trial dirt bike is a special class that’s not really based on the speed. Instead, these are for testing the control and skills of the rider!
Other types of dirt bikes are:
- Supermoto Bike
- Hill-climb Bike
- Flat-Track Dirt Bike
- Dual Sport Bike
Popular Off Road Motorcycles in India
Before commencing the purchasing procedure, you would require learning about the best three off-road motorcycles. Learn the following:
- Royal Enfield Himalayan: This commuter bike falls under the range of best off-road bikes in India. It gets powered by the BS6 411 cc engine that can efficiently churn out 24.3 bhp power along with 32 Nm torque. It comprises a five-speed gearbox.
- KTM 250 Adventure: KTM 250 Adventure is the smallest among siblings. Weighing about 177 kg, it gets powered by the effective BS6 248.76 cc engine that can churn out the power of 29.5 bhp at around 9000 rpm alongside 24 N at around 7,500 rpm.
- BMW F 850 GS: If you’re looking for a thrilling off-roading riding experience, get your hands on the new BMW F 850 GS. It offers different ride modes such as Road & Rain that come along with ASC and ABS. These features help you ride more smoothly on rough terrains.
Things to Know before Buying a Off Road Bike
Let’s read the following tips and tricks before you invest in an off-road bike:
- What if you have to stop somewhere, but it becomes difficult for you to touch the ground? Thus, you need to be reasonable with the size
- A test drive is always mandatory before you invest in purchasing the bike
- If it’s your first time trying an off-road bike, choose a beast under 180 lbs. and always stick in between 125cc and 200cc range