Hatchback Cars in India
Trending SearchesView All Popular Cars
Popular Cars in India
Upcoming Cars in India
₹ 2.5 - 3.2 Crore
₹ 2.28 Crore
₹ 2.55 Crore
₹ 6 - 10.1 Lakh
₹ 7.79 - 14.89 Lakh
₹ 5.97 - 10.82 Lakh
₹ 7.6 - 14.48 Lakh
₹ 7.68 - 13.74 Lakh
₹ 6.5 - 11.23 Lakh
₹ 93.9 Lakh - 1.07 Crore
About Hatchback Cars in India
The Hatchback mainly refers to the car body type that comes with a separate opening or hatch door giving access to the boot or cargo area of the vehicle. It is one of the best characteristic features of an automobile. However, it is not to be mistaken with a coupe, and the hatch incorporates the rear glass in the Hatchback. It is usually pivoted at the rear body panel's top end. Hence, when you open the Hatchback, the entire door flips upward, giving you access to the cargo area of the car.
Selecting Best Hatchback Cars in India
With their high fuel efficiency, minimal weight, and low centre of gravity, Hatchbacks allow you to handle the car in an agile manner.
Types of Hatchbacks
- Subcompact Hatchback- Cars with a subcompact hatchback are among the least expensive and smallest ones in the automobile line-up. Moreover, this body style offers better cargo capacity at an affordable price. The lightweight and tight dimensions are the main characteristic feature that makes it efficient and manoeuvrable.
- Compact Hatchback- This one is the advanced form of subcompact hatchback car with more enhanced tech features and powerful engines. The higher trim level helps bridge the gap between luxury and economy cars. It is this segment where most of the hot hatchbacks compete.
- Midsize or large hatchbacks- In this one, the large footprint offers more spacious rear seats and cargo areas. If you are looking for something richer with more storage space, then this segment can serve your purpose. These cars are powerful yet affordable.
Popular Cars in Hatchback in India
- Hyundai Grand i10 Nios- This one is the all-new hatchback car you can buy as this five-seater car is comfortable with excellent engine efficiency and ride quality. You are likely to get all its variants in an affordable price range. Along with a powerful engine, the storage space it offers is highly commendable.
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno- The most noticeable upgrade made on the Baleno is the addition of the premium hatchback. Its revised cabin layout and the new dashboard are its biggest highlight. It is an extensively upgraded model of its predecessors.
- Toyota Glanza- The all-new Glanza gets its sportier design language upgraded from its predecessors. It hosts new and advanced features, improved styling and fuel efficiency. It comes with a premium hatchback that makes it stand out in the automobile line-up.
- Tata Altroz-Altroz is yet another popular 5-seater premium hatchback car offering a decent boot space capacity but without the split-folding rear seats to give additional space. Hence, the reasonable and ergonomic space it offers is comfortable for long drives.
- Volkswagen Polo- You will get five petrol variants of this premium hatchback car. With a seating capacity of 5 people, Polo car provides enough boot space for the owners, but it does not possess a split folding rear seat.
Things to Know before Buying a Hatchback Car
Are you planning to buy a hatchback car but cannot decide on the right type for you? Then, perhaps these pointers will help you make an informed decision.
- Midsize or compact- The hatchbacks are available in both midsize and compact options. For a sporty experience, you can opt for the 2 doors compact hatchback car. The midsize option looks more like a wagon offering more space and is ideal as a family car.
- Increased Manoeuvrability- Mostly, it is easy to manoeuvre the hatchback cars than their larger counterparts. The absence of the additional trunk space in the hatchback cars makes it easy to park the car in tight or crowded spaces. In fact, hatchback cars are easy to handle due to their easy manoeuvrability and exceptional handling feature.